Landlord Insurance


Not all tenants are bad, but you do need to make sure you are covered should something go wrong.  While most tenants take good care of the property they are leasing, those that don’t may intentionally cause extensive damage.  Intentional damage is not covered by many standard home insurance policies nor is the failure to pay rent.

The valuable common features of a Landlord Insurance policy include:
  • Malicious or intentional damage to the property by the tenant or their guests
  • Theft by the tenant or their guests
  • Loss of rent if the tenant defaults on their payments
  • Liability, including a claim against you by the tenant, and
  • Legal expenses incurred in taking action against a tenant

It’s important to remember that not all landlord protection policies are the same. Some, for instance, are designed to be used in addition to a typical home and contents or strata title policy while others are more comprehensive.

Some policies allow cover for the contents of the property.  This is particularly important if you rent a partially or fully furnished property.  Speak to your First National Property Manager and they will be able to help you find the right policy.


First National prides itself on providing its landlords with the best possible service, combining innovation and technology with a nationwide network of approved alliance partners to deliver what you need when you need it.

Honan Insurance Group is an Australian owned, independent Insurance Broker with nearly 50 years of experience in providing insurance solutions to the Real Estate Industry.

Honan's reputation has been built on providing excellent service and developing innovative products for its clients.  With offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, they have the proven capability to service First National members Australia wide.

Honan Insurance Group is endorsed by First National as their exclusive provider of:
  • Landlord’s Insurance
    We have specifically designed a policy with Chubb Insurance Australia to cover residential rental properties including holiday rentals.
  • Commercial and Residential Strata
    Whether the risks are commercial strata, residential strata, industrial buildings or retail we can provide a policy that will ensure your property is comprehensively covered.